by Natalia Moyano, as a part of her Division III project at Hampshire College.
- 1 cup "old fashioned" rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana (the riper the better!)
- 3/4 cup fortified soy milk (or any other fortified plant milk)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Coconut or olive oil (for cooking)
- 2-3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 handful fresh berries (blueberries recommended)
- In a blender or food processor, mix the first six ingredients until smooth. (If the mixture is too runny/liquid you can adjust the ratio by adding more oats, and if it's too thick you can add a little more soy milk.)
- Place a non-stick skillet on the stove at medium heat, and add a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil to it. Once the skillet is warm, pour in some of the pancake batter and follow by carefully adding in some blueberries. Cook each banana pancake as you would with a traditional pancake.
- Serve your stack of pancakes and add the pure maple syrup! Enjoy!