by Natalia Moyano, as a part of her Division III project at Hampshire College.
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (whole grain rolled oats)
- 1 cup fortified soy milk (or any other fortified plant milk)
- cinnamon powder (as desired)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup (optional for sweetness)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. almond butter (no salt added)
- caramelized peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced peaches
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- seasonal berries (as an optional topping)
- On a small non-stick pan, place frozen sliced peaches and coconut sugar. Set at medium to low heat temperature in the stove, while stirring occasionally. Once the peaches have caramelized, leave the pan on simmer temperature to keep the peaches warm while you prepare the oatmeal.
- For the oatmeal, mix the oats, fortified plant milk, cinnamon powder, and vanilla essence on a small saucepan. Cook uncovered on low-to-medium heat for about 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the cooked oatmeal on a serving bowl, and follow by adding the maple syrup, chia seeds and almond butter. You can now serve the warm peaches on top, and add seasonal berries if desired. Mix & enjoy!