by Natalia Moyano, as a part of her Division III project at Hampshire College.
- 2 medium sized, over-ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup and ¼ cup "old fashioned" rolled oats (divided)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- ½ cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, mix the bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut oil until smooth. (careful to not over blend.)
- Grease a loaf tin with oil and pour in the mixture. Follow by stirring in the 1/4 cup of oats and the walnuts.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. To check if it's done, insert a knife and it should come out clean.
- Let cool in the tin before slicing it! Store in the fridge if desired. Enjoy!