by Natalia Moyano, as a part of her Division III project at Hampshire College.
- ¾ cup of chickpea flour
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp. unsweetened fortified soy milk (or any other fortified plant milk)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 - ¼ tsp. sea salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ red onion (chopped)
- ½ cup tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (or as desired)
- Whisk together the chickpea batter ingredients, so that it’s easy to pour. Let it sit.
- Sauté the garlic and red onion using a non-stick skillet. Add the broccoli to soften. Remove from the heat.
- In a different heated non-stick skillet, add a little olive oil and pour have of the batter. Add the stuffing vegetables on top of the batter, and wait until it bubbles and firms up along the edges. Approx. 2 min.
- Add salt and pepper to the stuffing and fold over one side to cook for another 2 minutes. Cover with the lid and turn off the stove, and allow to steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with the fresh cilantro. Enjoy!